The purpose of the San Francisco Girls Chorus Alumnae Association is to bring together generations of past choristers to foster an on-going social and professional network and to provide support for the San Francisco Girls Chorus. All former choristers who have completed at least one year in any Level of the Chorus School, and who are at least 16 years old, are eligible for full Alumnae Association Membership. Anyone who loves the SF Girls Chorus can join as a Friend or Patron.
Join or Renew Now!
- Please click any “Support Us” link on this site
- Donate $25 for a one-year membership, or $250 for a lifetime membership
- Select the drop-down menu “in honor of” and indicate that you are an
Alumna in the field provided.
- We will accept your donation as membership, and automatically register you as a member!
Special Alumnae Holiday Concert Pricing
Good news, Alumnae! We are pleased to offer you tickets to the holiday concert on December 19 at Davies Symphony Hall at a special 25% discounted price. This special alumnae only offering extends to great seats in the orchestra section where you can reconnect with Chorus friends. Please call City Box office directly at (415) 392-4400 between the hours of 9:30 am and 5:00 pm M-F or between noon and 4:00 pm on Saturday and reference the code Alumnae25 to reserve these special seats. This offer is limited to two tickets per caller.
Update Your Info and Take the Alumnae Survey!
Maintaining strong alumnae connections is integral to the success of the SF Girls Chorus community! We are hoping to update our contact information and also learn more about what alumnae have gone on to do after their time in SFGC. Please take a moment to complete the survey here and keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest alumnae opportunities.
Begun in 1983 by parent Sally Lopez and 30 alumnae, the purpose of the SFGC Alumnae Association was to bring together generations of past choristers to foster an on-going social and professional network and to provide support for the Girls Chorus. A decade later, a new charter was signed, establishing an Alumnae Board of Directors, an Alumnae-Association-sponsored merit-based scholarship for current choristers, an alumnae summer chorus, and a paid part-time position of alumnae coordinator on the SFGC staff.
Now in its third decade of existence, the Alumnae Association consists of a diverse group of women who share a love of music and a sincere appreciation of our incomparable Girls Chorus experiences. Uncommonly ambitious, talented, and poised, SFGC alumnae have graduated to become successful scholars, lawyers, doctors, mothers, teachers, and, of course, musicians.
In addition to encouraging the continued achievements of alumnae, the Alumnae Association is also involved in all aspects of the Girls Chorus as board members, staff, vocal coaches, Summer Camp counselors, Gala soloists, Davies Sing-Along participants, volunteers, and donors. When the Girls Chorus announced the campaign to purchase 44 Page Street, the Alumnae Association enthusiastically joined the fundraising efforts. Now, as a testament to the commitment of the Alumnae Association and its members during the Capital Campaign, the Level IV room bears its name.
- To be the preeminent choral alumnae association in the world
- To create a network of San Francisco Girls Chorus and School alums worldwide
- To provide substantial financial contributions to the San Francisco Girls Chorus
- To provide substantial volunteer contributions to San Francisco Girls Chorus.
As an Alumna, you play an important role in establishing the legacy of the SF Girls Chorus. Today, we are a family of 1,000 alumnae who all share a very similar experience of excellence in music performance.
Membership includes the following benefits:
- Access to premiere orchestra tickets at the annual holiday concert at Davies Symphony Hall, in a reserved section just for Alumnae, and 25% off discounted tickets to Alumnae Chorus Concerts using code ALUMNAE25 by calling 415-392-4400
- Complimentary use of the SFGC building for Alumnae Association-related events
- Special ticket offers from our partner institutions.
By joining the Alumnae Association, you can continue to be part of the legacy of the San Francisco Girls Chorus. If you have any membership questions please contact Barbara Lundy.