Contributions to the Fund-a-Need auction support our music education program and need-based scholarships. Fund-a-Need allows everyone attending the event to be a philanthropist, donating from $10,000-$100 to support this vital expression of the SF Girls Chorus mission.
The San Francisco Girls Chorus believes that every girl, regardless of her family’s financial means, possesses the capacity to strive for excellence and to succeed. Since its founding, SFGC has provided generous need-based scholarships to make our music education program accessible to all. Approximately one-third of choristers rely on financial assistance.
Your partnership and support will help sustain the Chorus’ vision to provide an exemplary music education for girls and young women and to give them the skills, self-discipline and confidence to succeed in music and in life.
- $5,000 provides full tuition for two choristers in Levels I, II, or III
- $2,500 sends two talented girls to summer music camp in Healdsburg
- $1,000 provides meals and lodging for one singer on a national performance tour, such as the upcoming engagement in April 2017 at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC, or New York’s Carnegie Hall in 2018
- $500 covers the cost of purchase, alterations, and upkeep for one singer’s uniform for the year
- $250 provides the delivery of risers – one way only – for a single concert. Over 25 concerts were produced last year alone!
- $100 defrays the cost of sheet music for one song in one level – 60 pieces were needed this year to-date!
Custom Voicemail Recording by Renel Brooks-Moon,
Voice of the 3-time World Champion San Francisco Giants
and a day at the ballpark!
— 4 tickets to see the 3-time World Champion Giants
— Customized outgoing voicemail recording by Renel Brooks-Moon
Opening Bid: $1,000
This incredible item comes to us from friend to the SF Girls Chorus, Renel Brooks-Moon, the Voice of the 3-time World Champion SF Giants! Renel is the only female public address announcer in major league baseball – which makes this gift to support the SF Girls Chorus even more special. Thanks to Renel, you will have a custom message in her famous dulcet tones to greet your callers…
Just imagine Renel’s voice inviting your message-leavers to PLAY BALL after the beep!
THEN, enjoy her voice live and in person with a trip to the ballpark! This package also comes with 4 tickets to see the 3-time World Champion San Francisco Giants!
Magnum of Bubbly and Special Dessert
— Roederer Estate Brut Cuvee sparkling, magnum (1.5L)
— Dessert upgrade for ten from City Club
Opening Bid: $100
Enjoy a magnum of champagne and upgraded dessert, which will be brought and served immediately for the winning bidder and their entire table!
A Night at the Opera, for Two
— Two box seats
— Dinner for two with glass of wine at Patina
— Private backstage tour of the opera house!
Opening Bid: $500
Select any of the three operas in the 2016-17 season…or the following year! This year’s season concludes with Rigoletto, Don Giovanni, and La Bohème…which features none other than select members of the SF Girls Chorus!
This wonderful lot will create a memorable experience for a large group of friends or family. Join the “Harvest Crew” to help pick and crush a prime Sonoma County vineyard in September/October 2017. (Limit: 10 people.) A picnic in the vineyard is included, exact date and vineyard to be determined by the winemaker.
Opening Bid: $1,000
- A case of Secondcrop Cellars Award Winning Wines (to be delivered post-Gala). Not available in any retail stores or markets
- An invitation for your family to join the “Harvest Crew” to help pick and crush a prime Sonoma County vineyard next September/October 2017. A picnic in the vineyard is included (exact date and vineyard to be determined by winemaker)
- After barrel aging for 1 year, you’ll also be invited to the winery for a bottling party. At this time you will be presented with several additional cases of wines that you helped harvest along with some “Blue Ribbon” personalized labels authenticating your efforts.
- Two years after the harvest your wine will be submitted to the judges at the Sonoma County Harvest Fair, which was referred to in the SF Chronicle recently, as the “Academy Awards of Wine”. The odds are in your favor to win a medal, as the Secondcrop cellars winemaker has won over 100 awards as an amateur with a 96% success track record!
Conduct at Davies Symphony Hall
Conduct at Davies—or sponsor a young conductor in her debut. This special opportunity includes pre-concert sparkling wine and light refreshments for you and nine friends, ten preferred seats in the Loge section, and an invitation to the intermission champagne reception. More importantly, it may be open the door to a new career path for one of our aspiring young musicians. Whether or not you take the baton, take a bow onstage at Davies Symphony Hall and enjoy your moment in the spotlight!
— 10 preferred seats
— 15 minutes of fame
Opening Bid: $1,000