Make an impact today. Join with us to provide music education for girls by making a donation.
The San Francisco Girls Chorus provides an accessible, comprehensive music education and performance program that serves Bay Area girls from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. Our program is founded on the highest standards of artistic excellence. The Chorus sets challenging goals and teaches the skills necessary to reach those goals. This fusion of art and skills–discipline, self-confidence, teamwork, perseverance, respect for others–shapes girls into confident, capable young women.
Th San Francisco Girls Chorus gratefully acknowledges the extraordinary generosity of our donors. Please find a list honoring these valued supporters here
Facts and Figures
- The San Francisco Girls Chorus is a five-time Grammy-Award winning ensemble, with seven CDs and other recordings
- Hundreds of girls and young women from all nine Bay Area counties participate in the SF Girls Chorus each year, including the Alumnae Chorus, the four-level Chorus School, and the Preparatory Chorus for 5 and 6-year-olds
- 25+ live concerts each year reach 40,000 people
- Over 22% of choristers receive need-based scholarships
- Free in-school outreach program, Creating Choral Music, offered to public schools and community centers in the Bay Area, reaching underserved youth
- Annual repertoire comprised of 100 selections in 12 languages, spanning 6 centuries from classical, folk, world music and contemporary styles
- Continued leader and innovator in the field, commissioning leading composers to produce contemporary choral works
- Annual operating budget of $2.4 million
- Revenue sources: 40% donations and grants; 33% tuition and fees; 8% performances and bookings; 18% Kanbar Performing Arts Center rentals; and 1% other income